Deadline to enter is Midnight, Friday May 26 2017!
Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 on Kissimmee Chain of Lakes we will be hosting the Third Annual “Help Our Heroes Bass Fishing Tournament” to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. The cost is $175 per boat (includes Big Bass).
**ATTENTION: Due to low water levels, we will be launching out of Joe Overstreet Boat Ramp on Lake Kissimmee!
The concept for the Help Our Heroes came about as the crew at Toho Marine were brainstorming how we could give back to our community. Our troops and veterans are very near and dear to our hearts and we really wanted to do something for them.
At the same time Daniel Fay was looking for someone to help grow a tournament that he had done the year before to support the Wounded Warrior Project as they had helped his son. Thus the first Help Our Heroes Tournament presented by Toho Marine was born.
Each year our charity may change so we can help our community as much as possible.
2017 Help Our Heroes Sponsors
Interested in becoming a sponsor for future Help Our Heroes Tournaments?
Contact Joe Clements or Angie Whittemore at 407-892-3200 or email us today.
- All rules are said and written to allow for a fair field. It is important that all participants read and understand. All Federal, State and local laws supersede. The rules will be enforced.
- Eligibility: Boat operator must be at least 18 years of age. Parent’s signature required for any minor fishing the event. Entry form must be filled out completely and signed by both participants.
- Insurance: All boats must have a mandatory minimum of $100, 000 liability insurance. This is the user/owner responsibility. Anglers must be able to provide proof of insurance.
- Entry: Tournament entry fee is $175 which includes Big Bass. Entry fee is due by Friday, May 26th, 2017. No entries will be accepted at the ramp.
- Fish limits/penalty: All anglers must use care in handling and keeping fish alive for release after weigh-in. All fish will be measured on golden rule. We recommend check your board to ours. No culling at weigh-in. No culling of dead fish. If a short fish is brought to scale the biggest fish and the smallest fish will be deducted from angler’s total weight. Dead fish penalty will be a ½ lb. per dead fish. Exemptions will be provided. There must never be any more fish in live wells than a legal limit of five (5) at one time. Fish must be culled immediately.
- Boat operation: It is each angler’s responsibility to operate the boat always in a safe manner. Life vests are to be zipped, strapped and buckled. Safety lanyard must be hooked to kill switch when outboard is running.
- Sportsmanship: It is imperative that anglers always carry themselves in a professional manner and respect other anglers as well as non-tournament anglers. Any protest may be subject to disqualification.
- Boat/Horsepower regulations: Each boat must have all required U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment and properly operating live well systems. Live wells will be checked before launch. All boats must have a kill switch. All boats must have a U.S. Coast Guard plate. Motor horsepower will not exceed manufacturer recommendations.
- Tackle and equipment: Only artificial lures are permitted. There is no trolling or dragging. Only one rod is allowed at a time. All fish much be caught on primary rod in use. There is not to be any additional rods or baits in the water while fishing. Only one lure at a time. NO multi-lure rigs. All bedding fish must be caught in the mouth. No snagging! Fish will be inspected.
- Permitted fishing areas: Anglers may never leave their boats unless in an emergency situation. There will be no angling outside of the boat. NO fishing in any off limits location from government or director. No fishing within 50 yards of an anchored boat (traditional or poles). Tournament waters will include Lake Toho, Cypress, Hatchineha, and Kissimmee. You may not lock south of Lake Kissimmee. You may not cast upstream of the “No Fishing Past This Point” Sign below the Lock at Lake Toho. There are no off-limits unless director notifies.
- Tournament Hours: Safe light until 3:00pm., this may be adjusted by director. Each angler will be assigned a boat number which must be put on the board prior to check in time. Anglers will be deducted 1 lb. for each minute late. Anglers will be disqualified after 15 minutes late.
- Emergency or Break down: An angler may contact another angler if needed. However, director must be notified. Anglers must identify their fish with some sort of marker or separation system before entering rescue boat. Fishing from rescue boat is not permitted.
- Protest: Protest must be presented in writing to Tournament Director prior to launch or during weigh-in accompanied by a fee of $100. Once weigh-in concludes or monies are rewarded protest are null. Fee will be returned if protest is upheld by director. Any accusations made without written statement or deposit could result in disqualification of protester.
- Polygraph: All anglers are subject to polygraph. Polygraph will be done randomly.
- No baiting of any kind to include brush piles and grasses.
- No fishing of personal brush piles that the angler placed or knows were put out illegally.
- Winners will be required to complete a W-9 Form prior to receiving checks!
To register online, complete and submit the form below, then use the Entry Fees button below the form to post your payment. Please make sure that the name and/or email address you enter on your payment form matches your Tournament Entry form.
No Fields Found.
Single Day Tournament
$175.00 + $6.00 processing